Supporting The Cowles Center for Dance & the Performing Arts
As the Midwest’s largest dance complex, The Cowles Center for Dance & the Performing Arts offers our local dance community the dance-centric venue it needs to flourish – ensuring that artists can thrive and still call Minnesota home.
Here dance students and professional artists come together to imagine the possibilities of what they can create and who they can become. They have the amazing talent, but we have the gift that can help elevate their artistry to the next level. With donations accounting for more than half of our annual budget, our donors’ support is more than appreciated – it’s critical.
Cowles Center donors’ generosity helps us to:
- Welcome 4,000 children a year to the Cowles Center for their first ever live dance performance. Through our Student Matinee program, we raise the curtain on a world of dance, music, costumes, lighting, and creative expression that they never knew before.
- Make dance a viable profession in our state. The Cowles Center helps local dance companies attract the talents of gifted dancers, choreographers, musicians, and other artists to create their best work right here in Minnesota.
- Enhance learning by removing financial and geographical barriers to quality arts education programs in Minnesota schools. Our art-infused education programs are offered free of cost to expand on school curriculum, creating opportunities for 3,600 underserved students to build creativity, spark curiosity, and engage in new ways of learning and thinking through movement.
- Provide administrative, rehearsal, and studio space, at 25% below market value, to 28 local dance and performing arts organizations, allowing these organizations to place focus on creating rather than funding.
- Grant the 20 companies featured in our performance season the unique opportunity to pay no upfront rental fees for the use of our theaters. Cost of marketing materials, media strategies and box office staff are also absorbed by the Cowles Center for these companies.
- Host two of Minnesota's leading dance schools, offering world-class training for dancers of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds.
*For a listing of individual donor benefits, please click HERE
For questions, please contact:
Associate Director of Development
The Cowles Center for Dance & the Performing Arts is a 501(c)(3) organization; our Federal Tax ID is 27-1173436. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law.